I can’t tell you how much I enjoy a good crockpot recipe. Crockpot recipes are usually really easy to make, when you basically throw all your ingredients in one pot and it cooks all day. I wanted to share a Recipe with everyone that is definitely a favorite within our home. We’ve been making this recipe for several months now, and it’s delicious each time. When you have busy schedules, and Fall just around the corner, this recipe will definitely be everyone’s favorite. I wish I could take full credit for this recipe, but unfortunately I can’t. I stole this recipe from Simply Kierste. I’ve spent many hours looking over and admiring everything she has done. To find her version of the recipe, I have it linked for you— here.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (2-3 large breasts)
1-10 oz. can red enchilada sauce
1-10.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chiles
2-15 oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1-15 oz. can corn
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup onion, diced
2 cloves of minced garlic
1-8 oz. package cream cheese, softened (to be added near the end of cooking everything)
1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoons paprika
2 tablespoons chili powder
salt & pepper– to your liking
How To Make:
- Place the chicken breasts, onion, green pepper, enchilada sauce, undrained tomatoes, and rinsed/drained black beans, undrained corn, chicken stock, and minced garlic into a large crockpot. Add all the seasonings, stir, and cover. Cook on high for 3-5 hours or cook on low for 5-8 hours. After cooking everything for several hours, your chicken should be fully cooked and tender. Once the chicken is tender, remove it from the crockpot and place in a large bowl, then use two forks to shred it.
- Place softened cream cheese inside the crockpot and stir well. Put the cover back on and let it melt for a few minutes
- Add the shredded chicken back into to the crockpot, stir, put the cover back on, and cook on high until all the cream cheese is melted and blended with everything in the crock-pot –usually around 20 minutes.
- While you’re waiting for the cream cheese to melt, it’s a great time to get your toppings ready. We typically eat our soup with tortilla chips.
- Serve the soup into bowls, and top with your favorite ingredients
I hope all of you can enjoy this recipe as much as we do!!